Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A while

since I have blogged but I have just been too busy living.. lol.


Kids are back at school which is excellent.. I love them to bits I really do but hey a Mom needs some time don't she??

My dear darling Drew is now at High School and loving every minute of it.. she is exhasuted as it is a longer day for her.. she now gets collected by bus at 8.15 instead of 9am and does not get home until 4.20 instead of 3.40.. she does love it though.. the other big change for her is that she has lots of different teachers and lots of different classes instead of the one class.. I thought this would be a big issue for her but not our Drew.. she is just loving it.. we are so proud of her we really are.. I never thought I would see the day she went to High School never mind do as well as she is. I am bursting with pride I really am. Time to stop this before I cry.. soppy mare that I am.

The boys have settled back really well too... Danny had a bit of a wobble the day before starting but he is just fine now. Shaun is just brilliant and loves school so all is well with them and that is the most important thing. Dearest hubband is off all over the country with work at certain times and I miss him so much when he is not there but needs must.

Craft wise I have been having a ball I really have.. Had an absolutely FAB day/night on Friday.. a few of us from the Sunday craft club at Craft at Home spent the day with the amazing Baikie family.. Angela and Margaret had invited us over to spend the day gabbing and playing... gabbing and laughing we did.. crafting not so much.. hehe.. it was just brilliant though... I ended up staying the night as alchohol was consumed and the late hour required it. I did manage to do a layout for a travel CJ that we are doing for craft club though which I have not done for ages... I loved it too! Will post a pic when I can...

Sunday was craft club day as usual and I was dreading it... only dreading it because it is my birthday today and I knew that they would be up to something... and yes I was right... half way through class and the lights go out and in they come with a birthday cake and them all singing.. now anyone that knows me knows that I hate anything like that... but I had no option but to go along with it... Cards were given and the wonderful Cath gave me a beautiful wrapped gift of a paper/mini-book making book, gorgeous papers and a beautiful book handmade by her.. I was reduced to tears with it.. she is a little sweetie my little friend Harry Half Pint and if she reads this I want her to know how much I appreciate her friendship. Sunday night I call Angela and she asks me if I can take her to Cosco for stuff for the shop.. of course I say... little did I know what she had planned... she was taking me out for my birthday pressie... after much debate from me I eventually gave in and her and her family bought me gorgeous pink caymen crocs with a little jibbit of a sunflower...


I am so chuffed I really am... then went to collect Angela again today to go to costco and when I collected her she surprised me with the most exquisite birthday card... Margaret her darling sister had spent hours making it for me... how stunning is that!!!! Again I must say how much I love and adore the Baikie family... Angela is off for a much needed holiday on thursday and I will be lost for a week without her...
My other treat for my birthday was money... so I treated myself to these rather FAB shoes... they are from the Ben Sherman collection and I just fell in love with them.. so with some of the money I got I just had to have them.. well I would have if they had been in the shop.. I am awaiting delivery of them but not going to wear them at the moment.. I am off in September for a weekend down to Dartford to visit my darling niece Lucy before she goes to Africa for a year to work in an orphanage.. leaving party for her so Graham,Danny and I are down there for almost a week and I really cannot wait... Oh the shopping that will need to be done at Bluewater.. hehe... not told Graham about that part of it yet!!






The next picture is of a clock that I made for the last class that Drew was in at Primary School.. thought I would alter it for them with some nice bright cheery colours... I was rather pleased with it but not as pleased as the teachers were..

(sorry you will need to look at it squinty as I have not had time to edit said pic!!)


Right that is me off just now.. I am away to get pampered having my hair done today.. my own birthday treat to me! Will be back laters with more pix and gabbing..

Hope you are all safe and well

Take care

Mahoosive Hugs

Heather






















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy Birthday

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo glad to see you girly and a huge happy birthday. Glad you are well :)
Those shoes are just amazing.. I neeed some lol

Anonymous said...

Get it updated ya lazy tart

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shoes they must be worn out by now.