Friday, June 22, 2007

VERY BUSY BUT NO CRAFTING!!

I have not stopped all week... My Mum has been staying all week and that has been brilliant.. busy and very tiring but brilliant.. Since we moved through to our new house I really don't get to spend that much time with her but when I do I totally love it. We have laughed till we cried, we have shopped till we were totally skint and just generally just had a great time. Mum has gone home now and to be totally honest it is great to have some quiet time. I am totally exhausted.. had not been well before mum came through and this week has totally wiped me out but in a good way.
Yesterday was a day I thought my daughter would never reach. It was my darling Drew's leaving ceremony at primary school.. Even before we got to the school my stomach was in knots as I knew Drew would be in a state as she does not like crowds and noise and anytime we had been at school before she always got really upset as she has her life in little boxes and she does not like those boxes to be mixed up.. school is her space and she never understood why we were in that space. Well yesterday she was a complete and utter star, when Mum and I arrived at the school I was not shocked to hear that she was in the loo and would not come out.. I went to get her and told her that Mummy was very proud of her as she was such a big clever girl that she was now leaving primary school and going to big girls school and Mummy wanted to hear her sing and see her dance with the rest of her class.. well the next thing she was in the hall with a huge smile on her face and I was so proud of her I burst into tears.. The ceremony started off with the whole school singing and it was just beautiful to see all those children with such a host of disabilities singing and dancing and enjoying every moment of it.. there is always such a happy atmosphere at the school it is an absolute pleasure to spend time there. Then the head teacher started a little film with the most beautiful sad music playing with pictures of each child that was leaving.. my heart broke and the tears started in earnest.. my beautiful,stunning, amazing daughter was on screen swimming with the most beautiful smile on her face and my heart burst with pride and sadness at the same time. She has come so far and achieved so much but I did not want her leaving this wonderful school that had brought her on so well and given her so much, but leave she must. Onwards for my amazing child and I know no matter what she will try her hardest and do it all with a smile. After recieving a beautiful leather bound book from the amazing Tiger Tim Stevens it was off to Drew's class for a tea party and even more emotions. Drew's class teacher Carole had written a personal poem for each of her students and a gift was given to each of them.. Carole could not speak for the tears as she read each child's poem and each child's poem was beautiful and so heart felt. Drew recieved a beautiful bear that she has not let go off since and her poem and card have pride of place on her bedroom wall. All the time we were in the class there was another slide show playing with all the kids pictures.. more freaking tears!!.. Mum and I left then to let the kids go to lunch.. we had to go and get coffee and calm ourselves down.. both of us had headaches with all that crying.. very proud day that I will always remember though.
After all that I am exhausted.. lol... will post the pictures once I have edited them.. off for a wee coffee..
Hope you are all well
take care
Hx

3 comments:

Angela said...

Am glad the day went so well for Drew and am sure she will do great in High school.

Linda said...

Huge congratulations to Drew, I had tears in my eyes just reading this. I wish her every success in the future. What a star!

Anonymous said...

oooh what an emotional day... brings back memories for me too and I am so choked up reading your post. It sounds so wonderful and will probably be a day you will remember always. Congratulations to Drew and I hope she is as happy in her knew school :)