Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Creative Cuthbert

For a change!!! I have been busy making this little paper bag book... I had forgotten how much I loved making these...
whilst clearing the craft room I came across the bags and just took off on a creavite whizz....



The papers used are Maison from the K&Co Paper Pads which I love... The pages are covered chipboard and most of the little embelishments are from my own collection gathered over time..


This page is definately my favourite thing I have done in a long time..


(sad I know)... I have decorated both sides of a chipboard frame again from the Maison pack... then glued a clip on the side of the frame so that photos can be changed if and when u like... and then popped the frame into a pocket on the page.. pocket made by layering up papers and just taping at the sides... simple but effective. This fab little book is one of the gifts that will be given to Drew's teachers and helpers as she is a big girl now and leaving primary school
The other thing I have made recently is this lovely little star book that I made at the craft club I attend... all the years I have been crafting and I had never made a star book.... I will be making many more....

The papers used are all available from here again all embelishments are from my own collection.. most of the girls made front pages for theirs as a little book but I wanted mine to hang so closed it completely...
I was also asked to my huge surprise to do some photography work!! It was for an advert in Quick and Crafty for Craft at Home... I had to photograph a host of die cutting machines in use.. I was terrified but I am proud as punch with it. I have not got a copy of what I did... go on go out and buy a copy of Quick and Crafty... I am.... hey probably the only time I will ever be in a publication other than the court pages of the local paper.. lmao... Right off to go and do the ironing.. hope you have been as creative as me..
Take care
Heather xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it's nice to see your creative bits again... love your book it is lovely... and well done on yout photography work. I will have to go and check out a copy of the mag. Have a lovely day :)

Emma_byford said...

HI Heather, I would be very honoured if you put my link on your blog and I will do the same!!! I'm off to look at craft at Home for these fabby albums!!! I'm all excited about the 6 x 12, ha ha!!!! It takes the smallest things!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

Just wanted to say this is a great read, especially if, like myself, you are on your third Southern Comfort and Coke!

As always, your crafting is beautiful, pictures are fab and love you to bits!

Love Mags xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

Just a note to say that this is a great read, especially when, like myself, you are relaxing with your third Southern Comfort and Coke - not that a tee-totaller like yourself would approve of someone like myself getting drunk!

Crafting is beautiful (as always), peering kiddies look fab (as always) and love you to bits!

See you at the weekend.

Love Mags xx

domestic goddess said...

love love love your paper bag book, adore black and white :)