Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Almost back to the land of the living

Yep that is me back.. well almost!... Firstly I want to thank both the lovely Cath and Chris for their concerns over me being missing from blogland... I am doing ok although not on top form... I am just back from a visit to the Nut doctor as I call it.. lol... There have been concerns over my heart so I had a visit to the hospital for an ECG... a few years ago I had a very bad health scare with viral meningitis and when I was ill with that the lining of my heart had swollen and caused me a few problems well I have been having pains in my chest and palpatations (sp!) so off I went and I am so glad to say all with my heart is fine... surprised they found it.. lol. Anyway I finally get to start my last new medication for my Bi-polar disorder tonight since the ECG results were all ok so hopefully this will be me on the final road to some kind of "normal" life.

On to other better things... I have been having an absolute ball at craft club on a sunday morning at Craft at home... the ladies I have met through the club are just so lovely they really are and we have an absolute scream.. I realy don't know how Margaret, the teacher, copes with us all and our hilarity... it is so refreshing to spend time with the lovely ladies.. I have to give a huge shout out to the funniest wee lady I have ever met.. wee Annie - she is just hysterical and such a warm hearted person too and the absolutely sweet and lovely Di who I sit next to week after week, they really do make my sunday mornings... the craft club was only supposed to run for 6 weeks but we have begged both Margaret and Angela to keep them running for good as we all love it so much... I have learned so much too... this week I spent the morning inbetween laughing and trying not to wee myself making a wee necklace with glass slides.. not brilliant but I love it and I have to thank Margaret for doing the edges in the melt pot as I was too scared to use it after burning my fingers on the other pot with the melted choc in it... lol... mmmm it was lovely... choc covered marshmallows and strawberries for breakfast.. the week before last we did ATC's and I always thought they were such a silly thing to do.. well now I have to put my hands up and confess I lurve ATC's now... I have done a few singles and have even done a little collection with the same stamp but in different ways... hope you like them as much as I did making them... what a great way to use up scraps and just have some fun. I am also really busy making up cards for my daughters school.. it is their 50th Anniversary this week so they are having a fair and a car boot sale on sunday to raise funds... so yes me and my big mouth decided to volunteer myself to making cards... think the only thing I have not been doing is scrapbooking... I have been making up little board books though which I totally love doing... I have started them.. never said I had finished them.. lol but I will.. I like to have some books ready made up for unexpected pressies I might need.
I am also busy making other mini board books for Drew's teachers... need to be special this year as she leaves primary school and heads off to High school... a day I thought would never come and I am so proud of her I really am - so proud of my eldest too... he is busy doing exams just now and he is doing really really well.. he has settled so well at his new school and he is just a delightful boy he really is.. shug bug the youngest is just the same as ever... always in bother but too cute to really lose it with him.. pmsl..

Well off to get darling hubband's dinner ready.. he is working late! again! I will post some piccies.. I promise of the work I have been busy with...

BTW check out the robbie slides at the top.. how cute is that boy???

Hope you are all safe and well
Take care
Heather
xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather... Glad to see you back with us and that everything is okay with your heart... that must have been scary. I hope that your new medication works well for your bi-polar... having suffered from depression myself for most of my life, I really can feel for you wanting things to be 'normal ' if there is such a thing lol... Anyway looking forward to seeing your newly learned crafty bits when you are up to it.

Take care till then

Linda said...

Glad to see you back hun, hope all is going well. You sound like your having fun and keeping busy, looking forward to seeing your creations soon. Take care x x x

Anonymous said...

Hope you are okay... you haven't been around for a while...
Anyway I am tagging you... so that when you are having a good day you can visit my blog and choose which questions to answer... cos there are two lots lol
Don't worry if you don't feel up to it though...
Take care x